TetraLogical is looking for an Accessibility Specialist to join our team and help us deliver accessibility assessments and other projects. It’s a full-time position in a distributed team, with a good salary, and generous vacation and training budget, suitable for someone who has a strong work ethic and a committed interest in accessibility.
TetraLogical is a company with inclusion at its heart. Our focus is on emerging and existing technologies, offering knowledge, experience, strategic, and development services.
We put people first - our customers, partners and employees, and everyone we meet. TetraLogical is founded on four principles that mean everything we do is:
- Inclusive: we consider everyone and make decisions that exclude no-one
- Sustainable: we work collaboratively and efficiently to amplify enduring accessibility
- Ethical: we make decisions for the good of our clients and their customers, our employees, and for the world at large
- Safe: we respect privacy and manage all data securely
You’ll be an accessibility specialist who is comfortable being part of a collaborative organisation where everyone is respected for who they are and what they do.
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for someone who is:
- Ready to be part of a forward-thinking team where your knowledge and experience will be valued, and your ideas and contributions welcome
- Able to manage your own time to find a good work/life balance whilst taking responsibility for honouring your commitments to the team
- Willing to share your accessibility knowledge both inside and outside of the team, helping us and the community around us grow and evolve
- Excited by working on projects and side-projects that help further the goals of accessibility and inclusive design, and with the opportunity to represent TetraLogical at the W3C
- Resident in the UK and willing and able to travel to meetings and events (when safe to do so)
What you’ll need
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Knowledge of accessibility guidelines and standards like WCAG, EN 301 549, and Section 508
- Knowledge of usability heuristics and guidelines like the Inclusive Design Principles
- Awareness of app technologies like React Native, Java, and Swift
- Awareness of browser developer tools in Edge, Chrome, Firefox, and Safari
- Awareness of accessibility tools like Tenon, Axe Core, Lighthouse, Accessibility Insights, Siteimprove, and the TPGi Colour Contrast Analyser
- Knowledge of accessibility and usability for people with sensory, motor, and cognitive disabilities
- Knowledge of screen readers, magnifiers, speech recognition, and other assistive technologies
What you’ll be doing
Your regular activities will include:
- Conducting accessibility assessments and design reviews of websites, apps and applications, components and design assets using international accessibility standards and guidelines and a range of techniques including automated and manual testing
- Conducting usability reviews of websites, apps and applications, using international usability principles and guidelines and a range of techniques including heuristic evaluation and cognitive walkthroughs
- Assisting with moderated and unmoderated usability testing, creating participant profiles, recruiting participants, contributing to pilot sessions, and taking session notes
- Reporting issues identified during testing, retesting issues after they are resolved by client teams, and communicating the status of testing, including reporting of overall test results
- Writing test plans for assessments and usability testing, and accessibility conformance statements using the EU model and US Voluntary Product Accessibility Template (VPAT)
- Providing informed advice to clients applying the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines and the Inclusive Design Principles through the TetraLogical help desk
- Contributing to internal documentation and content for the TetraLogical blog
- Contributing to content for training courses and participating in training delivery
About the role
It’s a full-time role but you’ll have time to work on relevant side-projects and activities that interest you.
Our team is distributed across the UK, so you’ll be working from your home office.
You’ll have 30 days’ vacation plus national holidays each year, and you’re able to take more if it helps you remain a happy and productive member of the team without compromising on the quality of your contribution to the TetraLogical team.
Your annual salary will be £55,000 with a 4% employer’s pension contribution, plus life insurance and income protection. You'll also receive a share of the company's annual profit.
You'll have an annual £1000 training budget to spend on personal and professional development. You'll also receive £300 in Amazon vouchers each year as part of our holiday voucher scheme, plus the opportunity to nominate a charity to receive a £50 donation from TetraLogical on your behalf.
How to apply
Please send your resumé to email@example.com for the attention of Léonie Watson.
The closing date for applications is .
TetraLogical is an inclusive employer and we positively encourage qualified people to apply for this role regardless of age, gender, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief, disability, marital status or family situation.
Note: TetraLogical does not use recruitment agencies and will not respond to contact from recruiters.